Friday, June 12, 2009

Men, Women, & the Shop



Men, Women, & the Barbershop--a great combination.

Today, I vibed with barbers at my stylist's new salon in Atlanta. It was a typical barbershop-type visit but its been so long since I visited a salon that had male stylist/barbers that I forgot how much fun people have with those conversations! You know what conversations Im speaking of...issues between Men and Women in relationships, commitment/marriage, prenuptial agreements, celebrity marriages, etc.

Anyway, apparently the entire shop is passing around Steve Harvey's book "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man." And for some odd reason, I could not help but ask this brother if I can take of picture of him while he reads. He had a lot of deep things to say and of course you know I put in my two cents. But I was listening too.

And for the first time in a long time, I think brothers are paying attention...well some of them.

No comments: