Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."


All of this means....

That it is ok to live in this skin I'm in.

I can walk down the street with my head a little higher.

Having an amazing example of a Black Family, Black Manhood, Black Womanhood, and Black Girlhood on the national scene....

As much as his Presidency would be about the people and our quest for change, it will be about Black people and our ability to persevere and somehow move forward despite adversity.

This election is so racial for me because for years we've been bombarded with negative images of our Brothers and Sisters and this is the ultimate redemption of all of those images.

A part of me wants to wrap him up and keep him to myself for the "Black Community", but I am just too proud and cannot wait to share him with the rest of the world.

He will not be just the Black President, but the President of the United States of America.

No matter the outcome of this election: NOTHING will bring me down today.

No comments: